Matt gained a degree in civil engineering degree from Sydney University in 1996 and has over 20 years’ experience in the construction industry, including over 13 years on RMS projects.
His experience extends across a wide range of projects from rail construction (London, UK), oil & gas projects (Sweden & Russia), Lane Cove Tunnel surface/civil works, HQJOC civil works in Bungendore NSW, RMS works relating to the Top Ryde Shopping Centre Redevelopment tunnels & civil works package & most recently as Project Manager for RMS on seven road upgrade projects on the Central Coast.
During his time on RMS projects, Matt has been involved with all aspects of RMS construction including earthworks, structural concrete & bridgeworks, piling & retaining walls, tunnels, flexible & rigid pavements, drainage, mechanical & electrical installations, major service relocations & traffic signals, as well as managing sub-contractors & contracts.
Matt’s most recent role at RMS has involved:
- coordination of and participation in VE/VM, Risk, HSiD and Constructability workshops
- shadowing concept design teams to assist in early coordination of constructability and utilities issues.
- management of detailed designs.
- preparation of tender documentation and engagement of PSC’s for concept/detailed designs.
- preparation and review of construction tender estimates.
- preparation of construction tender documentation, tender review, assessment and award.
- property acquisition and community consultation.
- management of RMS site teams and Contractors on several projects as Project Manager and Authorised Delegate
- liaising with RMS Environmental & Safety personnel on project related issues.
- preparation of REF docs and management of an Environmental Protection Licence
- management of RMS contracts (GC21), and issue resolution.